Junior Financial Accountant
Do you like to help the company to be financially in control?
What will you do?
You work in a Finance & Treasury department with 8 other colleagues. The department is responsible for the back-office (administration, debtors and creditors), prepares the budget and monitors the realisation of the budget. The department is also responsible for financial analysis, financial controls and periodical management reporting to the executive team and management. Once a year the department prepares the financial statements and coordinates the external audit. As a Junior Financial Accountant you will closely cooperate with budget owners, other internal departments such as Funding and Treasury as well as external parties.
As Junior Financial Accountant you will:
- Contribute to a correct and complete financial administration for all entities (15+) in our structure;
- Process invoices received, in order to allow budget owners to approve the invoices and make sure that they are paid on time;
- Play an important role in the monthly and annual closing process;
- Execute financial controls;
- Manage and improve our AO-IC processes;
- Contribute to improvements in the administration and projects to automate existing administrative processes.
You play a crucial role in keeping our organisation in financial control!
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this position you are someone who likes to work with numbers and works accurately. We are a team and working together is very important. If a colleague is not there, we take over each other's work. Or when someone is very busy, we help each other. Since you work a lot with people inside and outside our organization, it is very important that you have excellent communication skills. And further:
• You have completed an MBO education program financial administration and you have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a similar position, or;
• You are about to finalise an HBO education program (Business Economy, Accountancy of similar) and you have fulfilled a secondment in this work field;
• Knowledge of AFAS is a plus;
• You are not afraid of change and you help us to continuously improve our processes and procedures;
• Your English is fluent both in word and writing.
What do we offer you?
• An ambitious team in an informal and flat organization that is constantly on the move;
• Pleasant colleagues who support each other;
• A workplace in an easily accessible location next to the station in the heart of Utrecht (WTC), with an impressive view over the city;
• Good, modern working conditions, such as unlimited leave and we support remote working;
• All freedom and support to do your work and to develop;
• An RNHB bar with karaoke set, table tennis and football table to relax in every now and then;
• Great coffee and fresh fruit every day.
Who are we?
RNHB is a leading Dutch independent real estate lending business, with in depth knowledge of the Dutch real estate markets. We provide loans for commercial real estate and for residential properties intended for rental or resale. RNHB offers tailor-made debt solutions for the middle segment of the real estate market. We have the strong ambition to expand our business through organic growth and selective portfolio acquisitions to maintain our market leading position as a non-bank lending business. With a solid shareholder base and a good competitive position we have an excellent growth perspective.